automatically adjusts file links,
when paths change during a migration
LinkFixer Advanced automatically repairs links in files (such as hyperlinks, OLE object links, VBA links, links to images, etc.) that refer to moved or renamed files. Thanks to a patented technology, file links can be preventively "vaccinated" in case the target files should later be renamed or moved.
It supports a variety of corporate file types such as Microsoft Office, PDF, graphics and CAD files.
- easy migration - never broken links
- patented technology
- ease of use
- Support of different file types
- suitable in large sets of files
Files often contain links to other objects that are dynamically linked at the time of opening. As soon as these files are moved to another location, copied or just renamed, so-called broken links always occur. This can occur in the following scenarios:
- SharePoint Migration
- Server move
- Restructure directories
- Cloud migration
LinkFixer Advanced is the ideal tool to effectively prevent the breakage of links or to repair them afterwards. The new version of LinkFixer Advanced also includes a new, more intuitive interface.
- Unattended mode is supported in batch mode
- Rename or move linked files in batch mode using advanced renaming rules without destroying the links
- Replace relative file paths with absolute file paths and vice versa
- Recover broken links in large sets of files that have already been moved with a single command using advanced global find and replace operations
- Recover broken links eg after a migration to SharePoint / Office 365 / Open Text Content Server
- Protective measures for intact links in files. They are prepared to be automatically repaired immediately if they are renamed or moved
- The fully automatic discovery and repair of destroyed links in already protected files
- Search for server or sharepoint names, or split a pathname into a link and the ability to change it
- Convert SharePoint document IDs to or from URLs
- Generate a report that displays any broken links so that they can be repaired before they cause problems
- Generating a regular report for displaying all selected files (parent files) with their associated linked files (child files)
- Generating a report about all linked files from the point of view of the dependent files (child files) to the parent files (parent files)
General product video
LinkFixer Advanced Feature "Moving and Renaming Files"
LinkFixer Advanced Feature "Inoculating and healing file links"
LinkFixer Advanced Feature "File link modification"
- LinkFixer Advanced for Microsoft Word
- LinkFixer Advanced for Microsoft Excel
- LinkFixer Advanced for Microsoft PowerPoint
- LinkFixer Advanced for Office
- LinkFixer Advanced for Access
- LinkFixer Advanced for Visio
- LinkFixer Advanced for AutoCad
- LinkFixer Advanced for Adobe Acrobat
- LinkFixer Advanced for Adobe InDesign
- LinkFixer Advanced for Adobe PageMaker
- LinkFixer Advanced for Web Data
- LinkFixer Advanced for OneNote
- LinkFixer Advanced Silver (includes all mentioned formats, except AutoCAD and MicroStation)
- LinkFixer Advanced Gold (includes all mentioned formats)
- Supported file types (LinkFixer Advanced Gold)
- LinkFixer Advanced Gold supports all file formats that are available for the various products of the LinkFixer Advanced family.
- Formats: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Windows Shortcuts, PDF, AutoCAD, MicroStation, InDesign, PageMaker, HTML and others
- File Extensions: .doc, .dot, .docx, .dotx, .xls, .xlt, .xlsx, .xltx, .xlsb, .xlsm, .ppt, .pot, .pptx, .potx, .mdb, .accdb, .vsd, .lnk, .pdf, .dwg, .dwt, .dxf, .dws, .dgn, .indd, .indt, .pm6, .p65, .pmd, .pmt, .html, .css, .asp , .aspx, .js, .swf
LinkFixer Advanced can be licensed in different ways according to customer requirements. Depending on the size of the company, the number of geographical locations and the links to be processed, individual offers can be created. For customers over a certain size, there are unlimited licenses.
As the only Linktek partner in the German-speaking area, we will gladly prepare your individual offer:
Phone: + 49 (30) 80 95 010-40
I want to know more!
- Video recording - best practices of file server migration
- Everything about data migration - on our blog
Did LinkFixer make your migration easier or even regular? We would be pleased if you share your experience with the comment function. Positive feedback is just as welcome as criticism and suggestions for improvement.
Your aikux.com team